The "Survive a 'Month' in Poverty" workshop in Traverse City will give participants a better understanding of what it is like to live in poverty.
The Munson Healthcare Community Health Committee presented its first ever Community Health Hero award to the members of Progress Village.
Kelly Roy knows firsthand what it is like to live in poverty and wants to share what she knows with social service providers and others who help people in poverty.
The Traverse Bay Poverty Reduction Initiative and the Char-Em Poverty Reduction Initiative are hard at work seeking to reduce poverty in seven northwest lower Michigan counties.
Access to a wide variety of helpful information is being provided free of charge by the Northwest Michigan Small Business Development Center (SBDC).
Janie McNabb and Annie Shetler were named on the Traverse Business News 40 Under 40 list of those who are making an impact in the region.
Cadillac Culvert is one of twelve companies from around the state of Michigan that has been selected to receive the Michigan Small Business & Technology Development Center’s Best Small Business Award. These companies were chosen from over 13,000 small businesses that received confidential counseling and training from MI-SBTDC in 2012.
The Northwest Michigan Works! and Traverse Bay Area Intermediate School District's Adult Education Class of 2014 was recognized at a commencement ceremony in Traverse City. See video highlights.
The Results Are In! The judges have selected the first and second place winners of the 2014 Student Video Challenge! Checks were presented to the winning schools. See all the videos!
Machining Basics Certifications were awarded to eleven students who completed a Just in Time training. The 124-hour program was developed with input from local employers and was designed to meet the immediate hiring needs of those employers..
YouthBuild Northwest students toured the Aero Park Campus of Northwestern Michigan College in Traverse City where they learned about NMC's technical programs including construction technology, automotive technology, and welding.
Michigan Governor Rick Snyder has created a Regional Prosperity Initiative to encourage local private, public and non-profit partners to create vibrant regional economies.
As part of the statewide Regional Prosperity Initiative, the NWMCOG will work with the ten-county region to develop resources and tools for local decision makers as they also work to create more opportunities for investment in their communities.
Munetrix Financial Dashboard for local governments in Northwest Lower Michigan is provided by Northwest Michigan Council of Governments.
Richard Norton, PhD JD gave a presenation in Leelanau County. Watch the video.
- Interactive Website Puts Thousands of Miles of Northern Michigan Trails at Your Fingertips
- Culinary Oil Business Growing With Help From Michigan SBDC
- Successful Job Seeker Earns Northwest Michigan Works! Award
- Michigan Works! Helps Woman Get Training and a Hospitality Career
- Job Seekers and Employers Meet at Hot Jobs Now Event at Northwest Michigan Works!
- Starting a Business Workshop Offered July 29 in Traverse City
- Poverty Simulation Workshop in Traverse City - Sept. 19
- MEDC and U.S. Dept. of Commerce Invite Michigan Automotive Companies to Take Part in Chinese Auto Trade Fair
- G.1F.T. Now Accepting Applications for New Families!
- NW Michigan Works!, TBAISD Adult Education Graduation 2014
- PRI Mentoring Breakfast Includes Update on Mentor Training Efforts
- Collective Impact Discussed at PRI Mentoring Breakfast
- Career Café Express Focuses on Improving Job Search Skills
- Talent Tour Helps Students Learn About Culinary Careers
- Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) Updated for 2014
- New Advisor Focuses on Work-Based Learning Experiences for Local Youth
- Story Maps from the U.S. Census Bureau Illustrate County Population Change
- Beaver Island Lighthouse School Spring 2014 Graduation
- Students Explore Career Options at East Jordan Career Expo
- Life Skills Event Helps Lighthouse School Students Prepare for the Future
- Work Experience Program Lets Students Earn While They Learn
- Northwest Michigan Council of Governments Receives National Energy Efficiency Honors