The Munson Healthcare Community Health Committee presented its first ever Community Health Hero award to the members of Progress Village.
The "Survive a 'Month' in Poverty" workshop in Traverse City, hosted by the Traverse Bay Poverty Reduction Initiative (PRI), and co-sponsored by Northwestern Michigan College and Michigan State University North, helped give more than 100 participants a better understanding of what it is like to live in poverty.
Kelly Roy knows firsthand what it is like to live in poverty and wants to share what she knows with social service providers and others who help people in poverty.
The Traverse Bay Poverty Reduction Initiative and the Char-Em Poverty Reduction Initiative are hard at work seeking to reduce poverty in seven northwest lower Michigan counties.
This 8-week online workshop guides you through the business planning process. Various start dates and times offered.
Janie McNabb and Annie Shetler were named on the Traverse Business News 40 Under 40 list of those who are making an impact in the region.
The Elk Rapids Chamber of Commerce hosted the Northern Michigan Business Expo and Job Fair and got some help with the event from Northwest Michigan Works! Watch the video to find out more.
Cadillac Culvert is one of twelve companies from around the state of Michigan that has been selected to receive the Michigan Small Business & Technology Development Center’s Best Small Business Award. These companies were chosen from over 13,000 small businesses that received confidential counseling and training from MI-SBTDC in 2012.
Northwest PTAC selected B&P Manufacturing, an aluminum fabrication company, as its Government Contractor of the Year for 2011.
Employers will be recruiting qualified candidates for current open positions and educators will be available to answer questions about IT programs.
The Results Are In! The judges have selected the first and second place winners of the 2014 Student Video Challenge! Checks were presented to the winning schools. See all the videos!
The Northwest Michigan Works! and Traverse Bay Area Intermediate School District's Adult Education Class of 2013 was recognized at a commencement ceremony in Traverse City. Watch the video to see some of the highlights of the ceremony.
Machining Basics Certifications were awarded to eleven students who completed a Just in Time training. The 124-hour program was developed with input from local employers and was designed to meet the immediate hiring needs of those employers..
YouthBuild Northwest students toured the Aero Park Campus of Northwestern Michigan College in Traverse City where they learned about NMC's technical programs including construction technology, automotive technology, and welding.
Munetrix Financial Dashboard for local governments in Northwest Lower Michigan is provided by Northwest Michigan Council of Governments.
Richard Norton, PhD JD gave a presenation in Leelanau County. Watch the video.
Quality of life indicators and assessment tool for to assess and monitor quality of life issues in 10 counties of Northwest Lower Michigan.
- Student Winners Named in Manufacturing Video Contest
- NWMCOG Planning Director and Northwest Michigan Works! Recognized for Economic Development Efforts
- Michigan Works! IT Career Fair in Traverse City April 22
- New Box Lunch Business Workshop Focuses on Strategies for Managing Growth May 5
- Bella Fortuna North Job Fair Scheduled for April 24
- Résumés and Cover Letters: Short Video Reveals What Local Employers are Looking For
- Best-Selling Business Leadership Author to Speak at Business Owners Speaker Series April 22
- SBDC Box Lunch Workshop - Strategies for Managing Growth May 5th
- Leelanau Showcase Business Expo - Saturday, April 26, 2014
- Hospitality Training Provided by NMC Begins April 28 in Traverse City
- Hospitality Training Provided by Goodwill Industries Begins May 5 in and near Traverse City
- Student Videos Promote Careers in Manufacturing in Northwest Michigan
- Job Seekers Practice Their Pitch at Northwest Michigan Works!
- Auto and Diesel Technicians Night in Traverse City
- Cherry Capital Foods Selected as SBDC Top Business
- Northern Michigan 911 Providers Looking at Ways to Increase Connectivity
- New Staff Member Helping Northwest Michigan Clients at Small Business Development Center
- Pure Michigan Campaign Drives $1.2 Billion in Visitor Spending
- Annual Report FY2013 - Northwest Michigan Council of Governments
- SBDC to Provide Online Workshops for Business Planning
- Northwest Michigan Council of Governments Receives National Energy Efficiency Honors