A series of Building Your Business workshops in Traverse City will cover a variety of topics tied to Making the Most of Your Marketing. The first workshop, Build Your Marketing Toolkit, will be September 16 from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. in the Community Room at the TBA Credit Union located at 630 East Front Street.
Janie McNabb and Annie Shetler were named on the Traverse Business News 40 Under 40 list of those who are making an impact in the region.
The "Survive a 'Month' in Poverty" workshop in Traverse City will give participants a better understanding of what it is like to live in poverty.
The Munson Healthcare Community Health Committee presented its first ever Community Health Hero award to the members of Progress Village.
Kelly Roy knows firsthand what it is like to live in poverty and wants to share what she knows with social service providers and others who help people in poverty.
The Traverse Bay Poverty Reduction Initiative and the Char-Em Poverty Reduction Initiative are hard at work seeking to reduce poverty in seven northwest lower Michigan counties.
Local jobs where workers can start immediately will be showcased at a Hot Jobs Now Career Connection event September 18 at Northwest Michigan Works! in Traverse City.
The Northwest Michigan Works! and Traverse Bay Area Intermediate School District's Adult Education Class of 2014 was recognized at a commencement ceremony in Traverse City. See video highlights.
The Results Are In! The judges have selected the first and second place winners of the 2014 Student Video Challenge! Checks were presented to the winning schools. See all the videos!
Machining Basics Certifications were awarded to eleven students who completed a Just in Time training. The 124-hour program was developed with input from local employers and was designed to meet the immediate hiring needs of those employers..
YouthBuild Northwest students toured the Aero Park Campus of Northwestern Michigan College in Traverse City where they learned about NMC's technical programs including construction technology, automotive technology, and welding.
Streamlining the Zoning Ordinance Workshop is being offered in Traverse City, Boyne City, and Manistee. Completion of this workshop qualifies for 3 Master Citizen Planner credits. Register by due dates to receive the discounted early bird rates.
Michigan Governor Rick Snyder has created a Regional Prosperity Initiative to encourage local private, public and non-profit partners to create vibrant regional economies.
As part of the statewide Regional Prosperity Initiative, the NWMCOG will work with the ten-county region to develop resources and tools for local decision makers as they also work to create more opportunities for investment in their communities.
Munetrix Financial Dashboard for local governments in Northwest Lower Michigan is provided by Northwest Michigan Council of Governments.
Richard Norton, PhD JD gave a presenation in Leelanau County. Watch the video.
- Business Workshop Looks at Making Social Media Work - in Traverse City Sept. 30
- $10M Skilled Trades Training Fund Information Sessions for Employers
- Starting a Business Workshop Offered September 18 in Traverse City
- Scholarship Available for CNC Training Program in Charlevoix
- Pure Michigan Falls into Autumn with Regional Ad Campaign
- Employer Forum about Connecting Youth & Business in Benzie County Sept. 17
- Immediate Job Openings at Michigan Works Hot Jobs Now Event Sept. 18
- Classes in Cadillac Focus on Doing Business with the Federal Government
- Building Your Business Workshops Focus on Making the Most of Marketing
- Summer Youth Employment Program Helps Workers Earn and Learn
- Northwest Michigan Works! Career Café Reopens in Kalkaska
- Michigan Works Career Connection Coming to Leelanau County Sept. 17
- Youth Corps Workers Receive Employability Skills Training at Michigan Works!
- Job Seeker Overcomes Challenges and Earns Northwest Michigan Works! Award
- Michigan Works Offers Career Connection for Veterans
- Streamlining the Zoning Ordinance Workshop Offered in Traverse City, Boyne City, and Manistee in September
- Interactive Website Puts Thousands of Miles of Northern Michigan Trails at Your Fingertips
- Culinary Oil Business Growing With Help From Michigan SBDC
- Poverty Simulation Workshop in Traverse City - Sept. 19
- Northwest Michigan Council of Governments Receives National Energy Efficiency Honors