The Munson Healthcare Community Health Committee presented its first ever Community Health Hero award to the members of Progress Village.
The "Survive a 'Month' in Poverty" workshop in Traverse City, hosted by the Traverse Bay Poverty Reduction Initiative (PRI), and co-sponsored by Northwestern Michigan College and Michigan State University North, helped give more than 100 participants a better understanding of what it is like to live in poverty.
Kelly Roy knows firsthand what it is like to live in poverty and wants to share what she knows with social service providers and others who help people in poverty.
The Traverse Bay Poverty Reduction Initiative and the Char-Em Poverty Reduction Initiative are hard at work seeking to reduce poverty in seven northwest lower Michigan counties.
This 8-week online workshop guides you through the business planning process. Various start dates and times offered.
Janie McNabb and Annie Shetler were named on the Traverse Business News 40 Under 40 list of those who are making an impact in the region.
The Elk Rapids Chamber of Commerce hosted the Northern Michigan Business Expo and Job Fair and got some help with the event from Northwest Michigan Works! Watch the video to find out more.
Cadillac Culvert is one of twelve companies from around the state of Michigan that has been selected to receive the Michigan Small Business & Technology Development Center’s Best Small Business Award. These companies were chosen from over 13,000 small businesses that received confidential counseling and training from MI-SBTDC in 2012.
Northwest PTAC selected B&P Manufacturing, an aluminum fabrication company, as its Government Contractor of the Year for 2011.
The Northwest Michigan Works! and Traverse Bay Area Intermediate School District's Adult Education Class of 2013 was recognized at a commencement ceremony in Traverse City. Watch the video to see some of the highlights of the ceremony.
Machining Basics Certifications were awarded to eleven students who completed a Just in Time training. The 124-hour program was developed with input from local employers and was designed to meet the immediate hiring needs of those employers..
YouthBuild Northwest students toured the Aero Park Campus of Northwestern Michigan College in Traverse City where they learned about NMC's technical programs including construction technology, automotive technology, and welding.
Munetrix Financial Dashboard for local governments in Northwest Lower Michigan is provided by Northwest Michigan Council of Governments.
Richard Norton, PhD JD gave a presenation in Leelanau County. Watch the video.
Quality of life indicators and assessment tool for to assess and monitor quality of life issues in 10 counties of Northwest Lower Michigan.
- Annual Report FY2013 - Northwest Michigan Council of Governments
- Information from the Northwest Michigan 911 CONNECT Conference
- Featured SBDC Consultant Annie Olds on the Business Balancing Act
- Property Manager Thankful for Job Search Help From Michigan Works!
- Michigan Regional Prosperity Initiative - Community Growth Grants Program
- Innovative Financing Helps Businesses Expand - Including Two Local Companies
- Firewise Zoning Workshops Offered in Charlevoix, Traverse City, and Manistee
- Trade Act and Northwest Michigan Works! Help Man go to College and Start a New Career
- DNR Announces New Grant Program to Improve Aquatic Habitat
- SBDC to Provide Online Workshops for Business Planning
- On-the-Job Training Helps Cadillac Man Move into New Career
- Great Openings Selected as PTAC Government Contractor of the Year
- Northwest Michigan Council of Governments Receives National Energy Efficiency Honors